IKEA’s Soft Toy Drawing Competition
7-22 November 2015
At IKEA Store, Mega Bangna
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Competition Rules and Regulations
- 1.1 The competition will be open at IKEA Bangna at the activity area in front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna.between the following dates: [7 NOV 2015] and [22 NOV 2015]
- 1.2 Participants must not be older than 12 years of age. Either IKEA FAMILY membership number or småles passport number is required upon registration. Each IKEA FAMILY membership number or småles passport number can be used to register up to 6 participants.
- 1.3 Each participant can submit an unlimited number of drawings. The committees will select only one drawing from each participant.
- 1.4 Each participant cannot be assisted by parents, guardians or any third parties. Any such entries will be disqualified.
- 1.5 IKEA reserves the right at any time to require any IKEA FAMILY member that enters the prize draw to provide proof of identity and / or eligibility to enter the prize draw. If the participant is required to provide such evidence and fails to do so IKEA at its sole discretion may disqualify the participant from the competition.
- 1.6 Participants must write their names and last names on each of their drawings. An unidentified drawing will be eliminated from the competition.
- 1.7 All those intending to participate in the competition must have the consent of their parent or guardian to do so. Parental supervision is also required on the day of participating.
- 1.8 IKEA Employees and their immediate families as well as committees’ families are excluded from the competition.
- 1.9 Criteria for judging and picking the final 10 drawings is based on uniqueness and possible to manufacture as soft toys.
2. Title of the Drawing
- The title of all drawings must be “My Dream Soft Toy.”
3. Date, Time, and Location of the Registration and Competition
- Date: 7-22 November 2015
- Registration Time: 10:00 - 21:00 hrs.
- Competition Time: 10:00 - 22:00 hrs.
- Location: Activity area in front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna
4. Scoring Criteria
- Creativity 50 Points
- Originality 50 Points
- A Total of 100 Points
5. Committee List and Selection Process
5.1 Committees for the First Round (50 Top Performing Candidates):
- Representative from IKEA Children Department
- IKEA Activity Leader
- Representative from IKEA Marketing Department
5.2 Committees for the Second Round (20 Finalists):
- the Owner of Silapadekthaisangsan School
- Pediatrics M.D. from Burapha Hospital
- Public vote
Scores from the second round committees and the public account for 70% and 30% of the total scores. The public can vote for their favorite drawings in front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna.
- 5.3 The finalists, representatives of Thailand, will be announced on 9th December 2015 in front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna and on the website www.IKEA.co.th/family.
- 5.4 The finalists’ drawings will be exhibited in Children’s Day event in front of IKEA store, Mega Bangna during 9-10 January 2016. All finalists have to attend “Soft Toys for Education” charity as well as soft toy award and certification ceremony on 9th January 2016.
- 5.5 The finalists’ drawings are submitted into the global contest in Sweden and the winner will be announced on end of January 2016 on www.IKEA.co.th/family.
- 5.6 The committees have the sole authority, at their discretion, to determine the winner and their decision shall be final.
- 5.7 Competition organizers are not involved in any selection process.
- All participants will receive certificates.
- All 20 national winners will receive a trophy/prize in the shape of a FAMNIG heart with TACK (thanks in Swedish) embroidered and IKEA souvenirs.
- All international level winners will receive one soft toy each created by IKEA from their own drawings. There will be 10 international winners in total.
- All prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash or credit alternatives will be given in exchange for the whole or any part of the prizes. IKEA reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize or equivalent value in the event of circumstances outside of its control. Any eventual tax due to the prize will be paid by the winner.
- IKEA reserves the absolute right to select an alternative winner and award the prize to another participant in the event that IKEA has reasonable grounds for believing that that a participant has acted in a way which is inconsistent with these terms and conditions or has acted in a way which IKEA considers to be inappropriate, unlawful, or offensive.
- The shortlisted participants and international level winner will be notified by phone and publish on website IKEA.co.th/family.
7. How to Apply
- Complete an application form and collect official drawing paper and tools in front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna during 7-22 November 2015.
8. Drawing Paper and Tools
8.1 Drawing Paper Size
A4 paper (297x210 mm.) provided by IKEA
8.2 Drawing Tools
Colored pencils, watercolors, felt-tip pens provided by IKEA
|7-22 Nov 2015
||Registration and competition
||In front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna
|23-24 Nov 2015
||Selection of 50 top-performing candidates
|25 Nov – 4 Dec 2015
||Announcement of 50 top-performing candidates
||In front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna and on the website: www.IKEA.co.th/family
|25 Nov – 4 Dec 2015
- Selection of 20 finalists by the committees
- Selection of 20 finalists by the public
- IKEA store
- In front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna
|9 Dec 2015
||Announcement of the finalists of Thailand
||In front of Småland, G floor, Mega Bangna and on the website: www.IKEA.co.th/family
|9 Jan 2016
||“Soft Toys for Education” charity and award ceremony for the finalists
||Children’s Day event in front of IKEA store, Mega Bangna and on the website: www.IKEA.co.th/family
10. Liability and permissions
- 10.1 The promoter for this competition is Ikano (Thailand) Limited whose registered office is at 38 Moo 6 Bangna-Trad Km.8 Bangkaew, Bangplee, Samutprakarn 10540. Any questions or queries regarding the competition should be sent to the customer service department.
- 10.2 IKEA will not be liable for any loss arising from the postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond its control or for any act or default of any third party supplier. IKEA does not exclude or limit liability in any way for death or personal injury arising out of our negligence or fraud.
- 10.3 In order to enter this competition, participants (or their parent/guardian as appropriate) will be required to provide certain personal information including but not limited to the name and age of the participant, a contact email address and phone number. IKEA will use each participant’s personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and to contact participants who are short-listed and/or winners. IKEA will also share this information with other companies within the IKEA group of companies as part of the judging process. By entering this competition and providing this information to us, each participant and their parent/guardian consents to such personal information and drawings being used in this way.
- 10.4 Details of the prizes winner’s first name and local IKEA store will be available after the close of this competition.
11. Your personal information and Intellectual Property Rights
- 11.1 IKEA would like to publish the name, age and competition entry (the drawing) of any one of the participants, on its website and via other media channels for advertising and publicity purposes. By entering this competition, participants and their parent/guardian consent to this information being used in these ways without further consent, notification or compensation.
- 11.2 IKEA would like to base new product designs on the competition entries (drawings) from the 10 international winners and manufacture a limited product offer from these designs with the purpose to sell in all IKEA franchisee stores (commercial use). For each sold soft toy from this limited product offer, IKEA Foundation will make a 1 EURO donation to charities, chosen exclusively by IKEA Foundation, that support children in need. By entering this competition, participants and their parent/guardian consent to this information being used in this way without further consent, notification or compensation.
- 11.3 Information collected from participants and/or their parent/guardian will only be disclosed to third parties if they are the winner and then only to such third parties who need to know it in order to enable you to receive your prize. By entering this competition, you consent to us disclosing your personal information in this way notwithstanding that such third parties may be located outside Thailand. IKEA will also share this information with other companies within the IKEA Group of companies and other IKEA companies. Again, these companies may be based outside of Thailand.
- 11.4 Where the age of participant is 12 years or less consent to enter the competition is required from their parent/guardian. By permitting their child to enter this competition, each IKEA FAMILY member [or equivalent membership]and parent/ legal guardian of småles Kid’s Club member consents to IKEA processing the personal information of their child in accordance with the way that has been described in these terms and conditions.
- 11.5 All competition entries must be the original work of the participant. Any intellectual property rights including copyright and design rights in the drawings provided by participants, including in the winning entries and in toys made to the designs provided in the competition entries, shall belong to IKEA from the point at which the competition entries are provided to IKEA.
- 11.6 The 10 participants whose drawings are purposed for commercial use will have no rights in the designs or to receive any remuneration, reward or other benefit as a result of the use of their design other than the prizes provided for in these terms and conditions. IKEA will not develop products based on any of the non-winners in the competition. Under circumstances that any of the 10 designs are not possible to manufacture or commercialise, IKEA reserves the right to remove this product from the product offer to be commercialised and exchange it with a product based on another drawing from any of the entries.
- 11.7 This competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed and construed in accordance with Thailand law in Thailand Courts.
- 11.8 By entering this competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. Contact Information
- IKEA Bangna, 38 Moo 6 Bangna-Trad km. 8 Bangkaew Sub-District, Bangplee District, Samutprakarn 10540
Tel: 0-2708-7999 ext. 4004-5 (everyday 10:00 - 22:00 hrs.)